I’m more than happy to incorporate LEGO-compatible minifigures in my various builds. Frequently, Kreo and Mega Bloks feature franchises and characters that have never appeared in LEGO sets. However, sometimes you are just forced to assemble one from existing pieces. Case in point: although Character Building created a nice, quality line of Doctor Who sets and minifigures, it was strongly grounded in the Matt Smith era and the line ended just as Peter Capaldi took over. Thus, there were plenty of characters who never received mini figure. In particular, they never issued Missy. (Thankfully, they did produce a couple different River Song figures and a War Doctor, but I still haven’t managed to get my hands on a War Doctor.)
I loved Missy so much that creating her from official LEGO parts became a more imperative. It would have been nice to find an appropriate pinkish cream color head, but none of the ones available on BrickLink felt quite right. So, much like the LEGO’s earlier Star Wars and Harry Potter minifigs, Missy found herself depicted in standard yellow. In addition, there didn’t seem to be a hair piece that looked perfect, but the one I settled on was more than close enough. In fact, this will likely be a common constraint on future original figures. But, the goal is to make it close enough to be recognizable, and I’m satisfied that Missy is. If you wish to create your own, here are the pieces you will need:
- 3678bpb096: Slope 65 2x2x2 with Bottom Tube with Dress with Curved Folds and 2 Silver Vertical Lines Pattern
- 973pb2183c01: Torso Female Outline V-neck Sweater over White Shirt with Scalloped Collar Pattern / Black Arms / Light Flesh Hands (note: you will need to replace the hands with generic yellow LEGO hands)
- 27186: Minifig, Hair Female with Large High Bun
- 3626cpb1746: Minifig, Head Female with Black Eyebrows with One Eyebrow Raised, Eyelashes, Peach Lips, Smirk Pattern – Stud Recessed
- 27150: Minifig, Utensil Umbrella Folded
I’ve already decided on the next Brick à Brac original minifigure, and it will be another character from the Doctor Who universe. Now, it’s just a matter of finding the right pieces.