Immediately after creating Missy, I knew that Ace from the original run of Doctor Who would be the next subject of an original minifigure creation. I grew up watching the show and will not hesitate in admitting to a teenage crush on her character. Thankfully, because companions typically wear “normal” outfits, creating recognizable minifigures for most of them appears to be relatively easy.
However, as was the case with Missy, Ace isn’t nearly as close as I would like. In addition to not having an appropriate pinkish cream color head, she is wearing a plain black leather jacket — the best solution given that the character’s leather jacket contains a number of patches. Additionally, LEGO has never designed an “aluminum” baseball bat, nor has the company issued a black cloth skirt. Nonetheless, the final product still resembles Ace closely enough that my wife, who has watched very little of the original series, immediately recognized who she was meant to depict.
If you wish to create your own, here are the pieces you will need:
- 970c00: Hips and legs, black
- 973pb2828c01: Torso Female Leather Jacket with Silver Snaps and Zipper over White Striped Shirt Pattern, Black Arms, Yellow Hands
- 73617: Dark Bluish Gray Skirt, Cloth
- 17347: Dark Brown Hair, Female Ponytail, Long Straight with Holder
- 3626bpb0271: Head Dual Sided Female Brown Eyebrows, Scared / Smile Pattern – Blocked Open Stud
- 93221pb03: Radio Boom Box with Handle with Black Cassette Player, Switches and Rimmed Speakers Pattern
- 93220pb01: Baseball Bat 4L with White Grip Handle Pattern
At the moment, I have no plans for the next Brick à Brac original minifigure. However, it’s likely that Alex might have something in mind.